Essential oils have been used throughout history and have so many great therapeutic benefits. Below I am going to share how to use essential oils for blemishes!
Essential oils are amazing for skin care because they are safer, gentle, and without harsh chemicals or toxins. First we are going to discuss the top 3 essential oils for blemishes, then I will give you some easy ways to use them. I would highly encourage you to share with whomever you know that might benefit from this information.
Top 3 Essential Oils for Blemishes:
1. Melaleuca (Tea Tree) Essential Oil-
- Melaleuca essential oil also known as tea tree essential oil is one of the top recommendations when it comes to help with acne.
- It is renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin.
- It also helps to reduce the appearance of blemishes when applied to the skin.
2. Lavender Essential Oil-
- Lavender essential oil is great for most skin types.
- It helps to soothe occasional skin irritations.
- Lavender essential oil reduces the appearance of skin imperfections.
- As an added bonus, is it helps to reduce tension!
3. Rose Essential Oil-
- Rose essential oil can be powerful for skin conditions by reducing the appearance of skin imperfections.
- It helps to promote an even skin tone and healthy complexion.
Now that we have discussed the top 3 essential oils to use, let’s discuss how to use essential oils for blemishes.
How to Use Essential Oils for Blemishes:
The easiest way to use essential oils for acne is to apply right to the trouble area twice per day. People with sensitive skin will need to dilute 1-2 drops with a carrier oil. The best carrier oils for skin care include: coconut oil, jojoba oil, evening primrose oil, rosehip seed oil, argan oil, and pomegranate seed oil. The most common one to use for natural beauty products is coconut oil.
Another idea on how to use essential oils for blemishes is to add a couple drops of each essential oil into your face wash or lotions for some extra benefits. This works great because it is an easy way to help support the skin. Remember that a little bit goes a long way, so less is always more!
*Make sure if you are just starting out with essential oils that you speak to your doctor before using and perform a “patch test” on the skin to see if any sensitives occur.
Below is a great DIY Face Wash Recipe:
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
20 drops Melaleuca (Tea Tree) Essential Oil
Make sure you mix all the ingredients well, and then pour into a glass bottle.
Essential oils can be a great addition to your skin care routine with the many great benefits that they have! Find one way that works for you and give it a try!
Until Next Time,
Do you want essential oil roller bottles that are ready to use and can be used on sensitive skin? Get access to the best pre-made essential oil roller bottles to get!
Here’s what’s inside:
- The best roller bottles to get
- Benefits of each one
- Safe + easy ways to use them
*This post contains affiliate links. If you’d like to purchase a recommended product, please use the links to support this blog. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, it simply allows me to continue creating these posts. Thank you for your love and support!