Essential oils have a lot of amazing therapeutic benefits! Some of these benefits are directly affected to our emotions and mood. The power of these essential oils to help support a healthy mood is remarkable. Here are the best 7 essential oils for a better mood!
The Best 7 Essential Oils for a Better Mood
Using each of the following essential oils is a great way to help support a better mood for the whole family! You can use these essential oils aromatically or topically. You will want to dilute these essential oils before applying to the skin by either using a carrier oil or creating your own roller bottles to quickly and easily apply throughout the day!
Remember that the safest way to use essential oils on babies under 3 months is through diffusing. When you use essential oils on babies and small children, make sure you properly dilute them at a ratio of 1 tbsp of carrier oil per 1 drop of essential oil.
The same benefits are seen through aromatic and topical use. Always remember with essential oils that less is more!
Essential Oils for a Better Mood
- Lavender is widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities.
- This essential oil helps to ease feelings of tension.*
- Lavender synergistically helps to soothe and calm the nervous system.*
- This essential oil evokes positive feelings of self-awareness.
- Lavender subjectively improves work environments.
- It can be particularly calming and support healthy moods during menstruation and menopause.
- Lavender promotes feelings of vitality.
Ways to use Lavender Essential Oil:
- Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or the bottoms of feet to prepare for a restful night’s sleep.
- Add Lavender to bath water to soak away stress, or apply it to the temples and the back of the neck.
- When diluted and massaged on the abdomen of infants or when added to bath water, Lavender can promote calming and soothing feelings.
- It is helpful to diffuse when trying to stay on task.
2. Roman Chamomile
- Has a calming effect on the skin, mind, and body*
- Soothes the systems of the body.*
Ways to use Roman Chamomile Essential Oil:
- Diffuse or apply to bottoms of feet at bedtime.
- Diffuse to soothe anger and irritability.
- Apply to wrists and neck for a peaceful evening at home.
- Apply to chest over heart for feelings of well-being.
- Roll on tummy for occasional upsets.
- Is rich in sesquiterpenes, which gives it a grounding effect.
- Calming, grounding effect on emotions.
- Often attributed to it’s uplifting and soothing properties.
- Used in many popular perfumes.
- Can help calm the mind and promote restful sleep.
Ways to use Vetiver Essential Oil:
- After a difficult school day, apply to you or your child’s neck and feet to promote feelings of calm.
- After a hard day’s work, apply as part of a soothing, aromatic massage.
- Use as an earthy base note in your favorite DIY diffuser blends.
- Frankincense is one of the most prized and precious essential oils due to its extensive health benefits.*
- It induces feelings of peace, satisfaction, and overall wellness.
- This essential oil has soothing properties and can help promote a positive mood.
- Frankincense can provide soothing support throughout the entire body.*
Ways to use Frankincense Essential Oil:
- Diffuse Frankincense during your morning yoga practice to focus your intention for the day.
- Apply this essential oil to the bottoms of the feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood. It has been used during pregnancy and labor to calm expectant mothers. Diffuse or rub a drop onto the back of the neck or chest.
- Frankincense smells wonderful and helps to uplift the mood. You can wear it as a perfume to lift your mood and feelings of alertness.
- After a day of outdoor activity, massage Frankincense into the hands and feet for a warming and soothing effect.
- Soak in a warm Frankincense bath to help calm the nerves and promote a feeling of relaxation.
- Emotionally uplifting.
- Promotes feelings of relaxation.
- May help ease monthly symptoms.
- Can help fight feelings of moodiness.
Ways to use Rose Essential Oil:
- Diffuse Lavender and Rose essential oil to help promote a calming and peaceful atmosphere.
- Apply to wrists or back of the neck for an uplifting and relaxing feeling.
Avoid using rose essential oil during pregnancy.
- Bergamot has a calming and soothing aroma.
- It is frequently used for its calming and uplifting benefits which help with sad feelings.
- This essential oil supports healthy cardiovascular system and cognitive function.*
- It may calm and soothe the nervous system and relax the muscles.*
Ways to use Bergamot Essential Oil:
- Diffuse it in the classroom, at work, or at home when stress levels or tension is high.
- Apply this essential oil to the skin while showering and inhale deeply to experience its calming and uplifting aroma.
- Apply Bergamot to the feet before bedtime for a sense of calm and harmony.
- Diffuse it for a sense of self-confidence.
- Use Bergamot with a carrier oil for a calming, soothing massage and a relaxing aroma.
- Blend Bergamot with Lavender and apply it topically to the abdomen to promote feelings of relaxation.
- Diffuse Bergamot to reduce feelings of negativity and stress.
7. Ylang Ylang
- Promotes a positive outlook.
- Positive effects on self-confidence.
Ways to use Ylang Ylang Essential Oil:
- Apply Ylang Ylang to the back of the neck or wrists for a calming, uplifting effect.
- Blend several drops of Ylang Ylang with a carrier oil and massage into back and shoulders to help reduce the effects of daily stress.
- Diffuse to lift your mood while experiencing a calming effect.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Here are some great essential oil diffuser blends to try:
- Joyful Diffuser Blend
- Joyful Family Diffuser Blend
- Calming Kids Diffuser Blend
- Peaceful Diffuser Blend
A great book to read if you are interested in learning more about the best 7 essential oils for a better mood and how essential oils effect our emotions is Essential Oils and Emotions. In the book, it describes these essential oils for a better mood in more detail and lists many more!
These are the best 7 essential oils for a better mood. Find the ones you love the best and make sure to keep them close throughout the day to help support your mood. Email me at simplyreeni.com if you have any questions!
Until Next Time,
You can watch the whole series here on youtube:
Do you want more great free diffuser blends to use for the whole family?
Get access to the Top 10 Diffuser Blends that help to support your family!
Here’s what’s inside:
- Top 10 diffuser blends
- Benefits of each one
This post contains affiliate links. If you’d like to purchase a recommended product, please use the links to support this blog. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, it simply allows me to continue creating these posts. Thank you for your love and support!